Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feed

I thought feed was a pretty good book, but a little difficult to understand at first because of all the weird words the author used. Some of the main ideas were good too, like how they are just putting factories everywhere and look where its gotten them. They have lesions all over their bodies, cities are just disappearing, people are freezing or just stop working all together, parts of the world are discovered and are vacant and all thats left is a sheet of black dust. I think that this could happen even today if we don't start taking care of our planet and not just carelessly throwing things around and realize what technology hurts us, and what technology helps us and limit the hurt.

6 comments:

  1. I think you bring up some of the ideas we haven't really touched on in the quiz or in class (yet) regarding the book. The undercurrent of the "Feed" is that people no longer pay attention to the way the natural world, and even their own bodies are paying the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the point you made about the speech being confusing in the beginning. Like I stated on another blog, I am not thru the entire book yet, but it is beginning to seem easier to understand as I continue on. I think this book is an eye-opener to what COULD be to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought it was a difficult book to read because of the slang that was used through out the book. I also thought some of the main ideas were intersting. The author came up with a creative way to show us that this could possibly happen to us one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the slang that was used throughout the book made it creative and different. Although sometimes it was difficult to understand, it added a great deal to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the book was difficult to understand with the slang and conditions in the book were none that I never seen before. But I think the author had a great ending to the book that I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey i agree thats something how we are really hurting ourselves..though is so neat to see all the neat things that are developed thru technology...but all these neat things are not very beneficial as we can see now...

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones